AECOM Purchasing Manager / Procurement Lead in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
United States of America - Maryland, Aberdeen Proving Ground
CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD OF JECLASS CL:S
Purpose and Scope:
The Purchasing Managers is responsible for leading project procurement and materials management teams and is accountable for the performance of purchasing, subcontracting, expediting, logistics, and materials management on the assigned project(s).
1) Basic skills in the development of materials management strategies.
2) Basic understanding of construction means, methods, and sequences.
3) Exhibits ability to supervise a team. Assumes mentoring role as requested.
4) Drafts and implements project materials management execution plans, and staffing plans.
5) Basic understanding of the use of critical path schedules to develop goals and staffing plans.
6) Assigns tasks to materials management personnel and ensures conformance to budget and schedule.
7) Basic knowledge of types of contracts to be used for the materials, equipment and services required.
8) Analyzes supplier information to assess cost and schedule risks.
9) Reviews and approves negotiation strategy and leads negotiation meetings.
10) Works with the Legal Department to determine prime contract flow-downs, and to resolve supplier or subcontractor exceptions to terms and conditions.
11) Reviews and approves client approval packages.
12) Reviews and approves purchase orders and subcontracts.
13) Reviews supplier or subcontractor disputes/claims and works with management to resolve them.
14) Reviews project control reports relative to staff productivity and earned value, and takes appropriate actions.
15) Provides procurement and materials management support to company proposals; obtaining pricing from suppliers and developing strategies and plans.
16) Seeks appropriate counsel from upper management as required.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelors degree in business, engineering, construction management, economics or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and related experience. Entrants to this position require a minimum of 8 years of experience in engineering, construction, maintenance projects or operating industrial facilities performing procurement and materials management functions. Some field experience preferred. Ability to implement prime contract requirements. Proficient in one or more areas of purchasing, expediting, subcontracting, logistics or site materials management. Demonstrates consistent, effective and efficient written and oral communications skills. Supervises procurement staff.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Procurement
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 199943BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.