AECOM Quality Engineer I in Crane, Indiana
United States of America - Indiana, Crane
AECOM is seeking a Quality Engineer to plan and direct activities with the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished material or product. Will implement quality assurance standards to provide adequate confidence that an item or a facility will perform satisfactorily in service. Responsible for quality control applying methods to control and measure the characteristics of an item, process or facility to established requirements.
1) Guides and directs lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests.
2) Acts as liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items.
3) Devises and applies testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies received from outside vendors.
4) Participates in the development, maintenance, and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
5) Ensures that the company and customer's requirements are met on assigned products, programs, areas, or functions.
6) Recommends corrective action to quality problems.
7) Provides technical support and advises other engineering groups.
8) May work in any of the following areas of quality control/assurance engineering: design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development and administrative application.
9) Ensures adherence to company policies, procedures, and related government regulations.
10) Under close supervision, uses established procedures to perform assigned, routine tasks by utilizing analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning gained through specialized education or experience.
11) Knows fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures and applies basic engineering principles to develop methods and procedures to improve and maintain product quality standards.
12) Applies quality control inspection requirements and techniques. Applies systems of recording and analyzing product quality level.
13) Prepares plans, specifications, and cost estimates within specified guidelines for assignments of moderate difficulty.
14) Identifies and reports quality problems or trends to supervision.
Bachelor degree in engineering or demonstrated equivalent. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 199903BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.