AECOM Mobile Equipment Servicer - 2nd Shift in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
United States of America - Utah, Hill Air Force Base
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday on 2nd Shift in support of the 100% Inventory Project.
Purpose and Scope:
Inspect equipment and perform preventive maintenance services of vehicles and maintain inventory of parts and supplies
1) Supply all types of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel, and records mileage and tag numbers, checks fluid levels, battery, cooling system and engine oil, checks tires for wear and pressure, replaces wiper blades, fuses, sealed beam lights, and light bulbs.
2) Service and adjust conveyor lines, scooters, MHE, and similar material handling systems to include replacement of minor parts and belts.
3) Install, clean, test and service lift-truck battery chargers (24, 26, 48 volts) as required.
4) Drain and service fluids such as oil and coolant on equipment and report problem discrepancies to supervisor before making any repairs or adjustments beyond normal preventative maintenance requirements.
5) Effectively maintain records and report and accurately completes work orders.
6) Maintain a safe work environment by verifying the operations of vehicle and equipment safety devices and by following safety standards and procedures.
7) Adhere to all company and OSHA mandated safety policies and procedures to include proper use of personal protective equipment.
8) Follow established EPA laws and local regulations involving chemical use disposal as well as identification reporting guidelines.
9) Use computer to perform duties related to the job such as researching parts, completing timesheets, completing training modules, and communicating through e-mail and other basic computer tasks as required.
10) Practice good housekeeping and safeguard resources.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or fee; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Five (5) years general experience of which two years must be related experience are required. Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle. Preferred candidate will have experience with conveyor lines, scooters, MHE, and similar material handling systems. This position may require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance.
May be required to maintain and obtain security clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Government
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 196449BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.