AECOM Buyer 1 in Huntsville, Alabama
United States of America - Alabama, Huntsville
Purpose and Scope:
Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for organization by performing the following duties.
1) Reviews requisition and negotiates within budgetary limitations and scope of authority. Obtains material from supplier at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
2) Prepare orders and follows up on orders to expedited delivery and shipment. Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against order. Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
3) Develop and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation. Will perform other position-related duties as assigned.
4) Prepare purchase orders using MP2 5.0.
5) Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
6) Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
7) Approve invoices for payment.
8) Perform duties within 95% accuracy.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience. Must have computer skills, database knowledge. Individual must be able to read analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmentalregulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Vehicle Licenses. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Procurement
Business Line Government
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 192894BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.