AECOM Engineer 4 in Huntsville, Alabama
United States of America - Alabama, Huntsville
Purpose and Scope:
Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing, development, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/ mechanical HVAC related equipment and systems and generally responsible for analysis or review of complex engineering assignments. Technical experts and managers over system(s) including maintaining a broad knowledge of related work issues, such as environmental and safety requirements, systems integration, monitoring and metering concepts. Maintain state-of-the-art technical expertise in assigned systems. Responsible for keeping Performance Monitors apprised of significant systems status and key events. Develop scope, work statements, specifications and packages for procurement of outsource technical consulting, operation/repair, or other services.
1. Performs a range of analysis or review tasks independently.
2. Responsible for development of complete development of scope, work statements, specifications and packages for procurement of outsourced technical consulting, operations/repair, or other services.
3. Generate complete specifications for the most complex projects.
4. May train other engineers on technical issues related to the research, testing and analysis of engineering assignments.
5. Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
6. Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
7. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
8. Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
9. Conduct site visits and experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
10. Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
11. Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
12. Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
13. May organize and supervise a group of employees for a given project, contract or job with overall responsibility for cost, schedule, technical and employee performance.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 7 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Excellent communication and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Business Line Government
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 196231BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.