AECOM Information System Security Officer in Indian Springs, Nevada
United States of America - Nevada, Indian Springs
This position is contingent upon contract modification and position funding with an anticipated start date of October 1, 2018
Purpose and Scope:
Supports Information Assurance (IA) operations for a specific project or contract, either individually or as part of an IA Team. Tasks and focused responsibilities include Information System security requirements and risk assessments, vulnerability scan, security test and evaluations, monitoring event logs, and maintaining network health and security.
1) Assists Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for all classified systems and ensures transmission to appropriate government agencies on a timely basis.
2) Able to assist ISSM in developing information system security plans (SSP), Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and best practices and guidelines for classified systems in SAPF classified environments.
3) Must possess a strong working knowledge of computer systems and system software.
4) Responsible for updating and maintaining the system security plans for each accredited classified computer system at both sites.
5) Conducts weekly audits of approved systems.
6) Assist ISSM in developing, implementing, explaining, briefing and training the system custodians/users concerning their duties/responsibilities on accredited systems.
7) Assist ISSM in investigating security incidents and recommending corrective actions.
8) Ensures compliance with government and company security policies.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
AS Degree in Information Assurance or Minimum 2 years equivalent experience required. DOD 8570 Certification required. DODM 5205.07 Risk Management Framework, Operational Requirements and Contract Specific IA requirements. Thorough understanding and knowledge of computers and their peripherals and operating systems. This position requires a great degree of self-direction and motivation. Experience with COMSEC accounts preferred. Active membership in professional organizations such as NCMS, ASIS, etc. is encouraged. A comprehensive understanding of GSA approved security containers and locks is preferred. Attend workshops, conferences and training to maintain proficiency. Must possess and maintain a government Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Government
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 194485BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.