AECOM IT Programmer/Developer IV in Las Vegas, Nevada
United States of America - Nevada, Las Vegas
Purpose and Scope:
The IT Programmer/Developer job family is responsible for design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, integration and implementation of systems (hardware and/or software).
1) Analyzes and studies complex system requirements for deployment of new systems and services.
2) Tests, debugs and refines the system procedure to improve performance.
3) Develops, modifies, applies and maintains developed standards for in-house products and processes.
4) Provides technical guidance in IT engineering techniques and automated support tools.
5) Contributes to all areas of IT but may focus on: Software engineer/Technical Lead, Applications DBA, Server Configuration and Communications specialist and Systems/Business Analyst.
6) Analyzes and documents software development standards and approaches. Establishes the visual style of the application.
7) Performs business needs analysis, develops specification requirements and a test plan for specific areas of an application.
8) Develops software solutions that operate against relational databases including: Relational / object mapping, Screen Creation and Report Development.
9) Participates in department code reviews. Performs unit testing of their work. Completes work based upon the project schedule.
10) Assists in the response to Helpdesk ticket support requests.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology field (MIS, CIS, CS) or demonstrated equivalent and six years of experience in programming or systems analysis required. Must obtain and maintain a DoD TS Security Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness.
Current DOD TS Clearance Highly Desired
Experience with SQL 2012 or above (and higher) and Oracle Databases
Cognos Development and Reporting
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 201070BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.