AECOM Training Manager-RPA in Las Vegas, Nevada
United States of America - Nevada, Las Vegas
Geographic location of assignment is at RPA/PMO Las Vegas, NV in support of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contract (may include TDY deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations). The Training Manager is responsible for the management and leadership necessary to conduct safe and efficient Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) maintenance training programs. The incumbent reports to the Program Manager and is administratively responsible for all assigned RPA Training Staff Instructors and Vendor support. Directs the overall RPA maintenance training functions in support of the contract, including all aspects of compliance with applicable DOD directives and principles of sound maintenance discipline.
1) Manage and control the RPA Maintenance training program. Ensure compliance with customer and company requirements. Perform instructor assessments and work center visits to determine compliance with directives.
2) Supervise Training Cadre and ensure they are adequately trained; coordinate workloads, priorities, and schedules to ensure timely and effective completion of work; and monitor and evaluate staff and vendor performance.
3) Ensure training activities are in accordance with DOD, USAF, and company directives. Maintain custody of controlled test materials and lesson plans. Maintain master copies of all approved Job Qualification Standards.
4) Manage and coordinate training curriculum and lesson plans to ensure operating effectiveness and efficiency and compliance with the Statement of Work and company policies and procedures.
5) Interface with vendor and company officials on diverse issues and problems and work to resolve operational problems and issues.
6) Direct the compilation of reports analyzing training activities. Prepare and submit training schedules and reports. Monitor status of training and continuously and report deficiencies to program management.
7) Perform other duties and tasks as directed by the Program Manager.
8) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in a related career field
Minimum of 8 years general experience in aviation maintenance career fields; 6 years specific experience with USAF aircraft maintenance operations
Management experience and skills to supervise an aviation training program
An extensive knowledge of RPA maintenance procedures and aircraft systems, DOD and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) directives and procedures, and Company and Customer policies and guidelines
Supervisory skills to coordinate the efforts of all assigned RPA Instructors to ensure the safe and efficient conduct of RPA training
Superior interpersonal and organizational abilities
Computer/typing skills and knowledge of applicable software
Willingness to work odd hours to include some evenings, weekends and holidays
Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and work location access
Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
Ability and willingness to travel to dispersed operating locations across the US and OCONUS
Employee must meet all overseas/OCONUS travel criteria, to include Pre-deployment medical screening (if req) as a condition of employment.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, and must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship upon hire.
Must have a current DoD Secret Security Clearance. Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date.
Must be able to gain/maintain the any additional required security clearance level and special access authorization as a condition of continued employment.
Master’s degree in a relevant career field
RPA maintenance training experience
Current or expired FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 201157BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.