AECOM Buyer 3- Dept of State GSE&SC Contract in Northern Virginia, Virginia
Business Line Government
Position Title Buyer 3- Dept of State GSE&SC Contract
United States of America - Virginia
PLEASE NOTE: This position is contingent upon contract award.
Purpose and Scope:
Direct the day to day purchase, receipt, storage, and sale of products to our customers by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
1) Establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
2) Work with vendors to ensure prompt delivery of products for stock and to satisfy immediate customer demands.
3) Inspect physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Prepares work order for repairs and requisition for replacement of equipment.
4) Coordinate with accounting and purchasing to ensure accuracy of inventory and financial records.
5) Participate in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
6) Process information/merchandise through point of sale inventory management system.
7) Write or type purchase orders and sends copy to supplier and department originating request.
8) Compily records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories. Computes total cost of items purchased.
9) Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
10) Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates and awards contract to bidders or places orders with suppliers or mail order firms.
11) Train, plan, assign and direct work of employees and conducts performance appraisals, rewards and disciplines employees.
12) Address complaints and resolve problems.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Must be a U.S citizen able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent from a four year college and 5 to 10 years related experience.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and various computer software programs.
Must be able to type at least 25wpm. Must have the ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system, to communicate with associates and customers, to keep records, to operate a computer terminal and Microsoft Office software, to operate the equipment within the warehouse, to use proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies, to use proper safety techniques to order, receive, deliver and inventory packages, supplies and mail, to maintain warehouse and store areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be able to earn and retain a commercial forklift operator s license/certificate and maintain a valid State driver's license.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Procurement
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 189642BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.