AECOM Senior Buyer- Dept of State GSE&SC Contract in Northern Virginia, Virginia
Business Line Government
Position Title Senior Buyer- Dept of State GSE&SC Contract
United States of America - Virginia
PLEASE NOTE: This position is contingent upon contract award.
Purpose and Scope:
Senior Buyer is responsible for purchasing activities. Identifies sources for materials and equipment, evaluates the capabilities and performance of suppliers, and selects qualified suppliers based upon their ability to provide competitive pricing, acceptable terms, appropriate material quality, and timely supply of goods. Performs purchasing functions in conformance with the requirements of the prime contract with the client. Awards, issues, and documents all agreements with suppliers. Monitors supplier performance, issues change orders, and manages supplier relations.
1) Works with the Company purchasing systems and processes.
2) Resolves disputes with suppliers and evaluates supplier performance.
3) Prepares, compiles, and maintains auditable records of the purchasing process.
4) Maintains awareness of market conditions and delivery trends to determine future material availability and pricing probability.
5) Manages purchase orders to ensure timely completion, compliance with requirements, and appropriateness of invoices and payment.
6) Keeps management advised of significant purchasing issues and potential problem areas.
7) Issues requests for quotations, evaluates supplier quotations, plans and conducts negotiations, prepares cost and price analyses, availability studies, risk analyses, bid analysis summaries, and award recommendations that treat suppliers fairly and ethically, protects the company's interests, and promotes best value awards.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Must be a U.S citizen able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, construction management, economics or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
Entrants to this position require a minimum of 3 years of experience in engineering, procurement, construction, or maintenance projects in purchasing or other procurement and materials management functions.
Possesses the ability to perform basic procurement and materials management functions.
Advanced skills in problem resolution.
Understands basic legal terminology.
Has strong computer skills and ability to use procurement and materials management systems.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Procurement
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 189644BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.