AECOM Database Administrator - SQL Focused in Virginia Beach, Virginia
United States of America - Virginia, Virginia Beach
Administers database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Provides experienced technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
1) Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment with main focus on Structured Query Language (SQL).
2) Assist applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
3) Implement and maintain databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
4) Include maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design.
5) Maintain expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation.
6) Maintain and documents shell scripts and batch processes.
7) Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
8) Develop and apply procedures for periodic database backup.
9) Address all database vulnerabilities identified by the cybersecurity team. Implement security fixes or mitigation statements as required in order to mitigate security risks.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field, or equivalent experience, and two to four years minimum of related experience is required. Good written and oral communication skills and familiarity with word processing, database, spreadsheet programs and integrated software applications are required.
Must maintain DoD 8570.1/ 8140 certification requirements for IAT-II.
Must possess and maintain an active DoD Secret level Security Clearance and a valid state issued driver's license
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness; must possess planning/organizing skills and be able to work under deadlines.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 196503BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.